The National Youth Authority (NYA) has launched a nationwide youth campaign against the coronavirus pandemic.
The COVID-19 Youth Campaign, according to the NYA, seeks to create awareness on the pandemic and educate the youth on the various precautionary measures needed to combat the virus.
Consequently, the National Youth Authority says it collaborating with some youth-based organisations and influential young leaders in the campaign to raise awareness.
Below are some of the organisations joining the NYA’s campaign
• Young Members of Parliament
• National Youth Organisers of the various political parties
• Young Leaders
• Media Personalities
• Various Student Bodies
• Executives of the National Service Personnel Associations (NASPA) across the nation.
• Various Artisan Associations
• Zongo and Inner-City Community Youth Leaders
• Youth Related Identifiable Groups
• Religious Leaders
• Young Artist, Entertainers, Television and Radio Personalities
A statement by the NYA said they will: “restrict the campaign to electronic means, thus social media, traditional media and text messages. Short and informative videos and messages will be created and broadcasted on the various social media platforms, radio and television stations.
“As part of the campaign, essential items will be donated to the Ghana Health Service and other relevant institutions.
“The Ghanaian youth is admonished to stay at home, observe social distancing, wash their hands frequently and apply alcohol-based hand sanitizer in order to prevent the spread of the virus”.