LIVE Presenter, Antoine Mensah is the 2018 On Air Personality of the Year.
The host of drive time show, Route919 won the coveted award at the Ghana-Naija Showbiz Awards held in Lagos, Nigeria.
Mensah picked the award ahead of Berla Mundi, Kofi Okyere Darko (KOD), Jay Foley, Caroline Sampson, Lexis Bill, Serwaa Amihere and Nana Aba Anamoah.
The awards scheme rewards excellence and creativity by entertainment industry personalities in Nigeria and Ghana.
Full list of winners below.
Artiste of the year – Patoranking
Best Male Act – Fancy Gadam
Best Female Act – Niniola
Next Superstar on the Roll – LAX
Street-Hop Artiste of the year – CDQ
Discovery of the year (Nigeria) – Idowest
Discovery of the year (Ghana) – Kelvynboy
Best New Artiste – Wendy Shay
Music Producer of the year – Masterkraft
Gospel Artiste of the year – Tope Alabi
DJ of the year – DJ Cuppy
Record Label of the year – Black Avenue Music
Best Artiste Manager – Blackcedis
Comedian of the year – Kenny Black
Online Comedian of the year – Nedu
Actor of the year – Prince David Osei
Actress of the year –Shafy Bello
Best Actress (Nigeria) – Bimbo Oshin
Best Actress (Ghana) – Roselyn Ngissah
Best Actor (Nigeria) – Fredrick Leonard
Best Actor (Ghana) – Peter Ritchie
Best Actress (TV Series) – Rekiya Yusuf
Best New Actress – Amaka Chukwujekwu
Movie Producer of the year- Lopez Daniel
Movie of the year – Potato Pothato
TV series of the year- Battleground
Next-Rated Movie Star – Amaka Obi
Celebrity Photographer of the year – Chocolate Shot It
OAP of the year (Nigeria) – Awazi
OAP of the year (Ghana) – Antoine Mensah
Fashion Label/Designer of the year – Quophi Akotouah
Most Stylish Celebrity (Male) – E-money
Most Stylish Celebrity (Female) – Selly Galley
Social Media Influencer of the year – Afia Schwarzenegger
Best Brand Supporting Showbiz – Pepsi
- Distinct Recognition Award – Juliet Ibrahim (Fans’ Favourite Celebrity of the year)
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Bunmi Olatunji (For building Bunmi into a super brand globally and her achievements in the business of fashion)
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Kwabena Adisi [Bola Ray] (in recognition of his efforts and achievements in media and entertainment business)
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Elvis Chuks (in recognition of his efforts and achievements as a movie producer and director.
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Ndidi Obi for her efforts and achievements as a veteran actress and a pioneer star in Nollywood.
- Distinct Recognition Award –Basil Anthony for his outstanding efforts and achievements in the business of I.T, social media marketing, tourism and entertainment.
- Distinct Recognition Award – Rosemond Brown as Most Promising Actress of the year
- Distinct Recognition Award – Victor AD as Most Promising Act of the year
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Duke Banson for his outstanding efforts and achievements in the business of entertainment in Ghana and Africa.
Antoine Mensah’s radio journey personifies what it means for someone’s career to come full circle.
Mensah’s career started in 2010 hosting 233Live, an entertainment magazine show on Saturdays on the then VIBE 91.9 FM which is now LIVE FM. He hosted the show for some two years.
During his stay at the station, he was asked to sit-in for the regular host of Traffic Jam (the station’s drive show). His performance impressed Station Executives who gave him the job as the regular host of the show.
He hosted the station’s flagship show whilst studying for his first degree at the University of Ghana.
“I had the liberty of learning on the job which I did because I was passionate about it, going in and out. I got a lot of negative comments but I loved where I was, the room it gave me developed my talent and the opportunities it brought my way.” reminisces Mensah.
In 2013, Micheal Cooke, owner of VIBE FM agreed on a partnership with Dream Holdings, leading to a name change to LIVE FM. The new team relocated from Ring Road Central (Pyramid House) to Tesano (Dream Holdings Building).
Mensah stayed on as a member of the ‘new’ station, hosting a number of the station’s flagship shows. He won ‘Worker of the Year’ during the station’s end-of-year-awards in 2014.
When EIB Network took over the management of the station in early 2015, he was one of the talents asked to stay on by the new owners.
In July 2016, he was appointed Programmes Director of the Adabraka-based station.
Mensah currently hosts Route919, the station’s Drive show on weekdays and ENTLive, an entertainment magazine show on Saturdays.