#Number12: Kwesi Nyantakyi quits FIFA, CAF & WAFU posts

Kwesi Nyantakyi, former president of the Ghana Football Association (GFA) is taking a break from all football related matters after the release of the #Number12 expose by Anas Aremeyaw...

Kwesi Nyantakyi, former president of the Ghana Football Association (GFA) is taking a break from all football related matters after the release of the #Number12 expose by Anas Aremeyaw Anas.

Days after Nyantakyi left the GFA, he has announced that he will be leaving his posts at the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), Confederation of African Football (CAF) and West African Football Union (WAFU).

He served on the FIFA Council, was the Vice-President of CAF, and also the President of WAFU.

Nyantakyi was caught on tape using the name of President Akufo Addo to extort monies from supposed foreign investors.

Read below the statement about Nyantakyi’s resignation by the Ghana Football Association last week. 

The Ghana Football Association wishes to announce the resignation of Mr. Kwesi Nyantakyi as president of Association.

Mr. Nyantakyi made this decision after a meeting of the Executive Committee of the Association on Friday afternoon.

“After a meeting of the Executive Committee this afternoon I decided to resign as President of the Ghana Football Association”.

“It stemmed out of the controversies generated by investigative report of Tiger Eye PI. In the said report I committeed a series of errors of indiscretion. I gravely associated the highest office of the land –the presidency- with private discussions I had with “Scammers” who deceived me into thinking they were genuine persons interested in investing in our country.”

“I hereby apologise unreservedly to the father of the Nation, H.E. Nana Akufo Addo, H.E. the Vice President, Dr. Mahamadu Bawumia, Hon. Ministers and Deputy Ministers of State for indiscretion in associating them with the private conversations on the video.”

“I wish to clarify that at no time prior to or subsequent to any deliberations on the video did I consult, contact or inform any Government official about discussions on the video. I take sole and personal responsibility for the proceedings on the video.”

“I wish to apologise to my family, work colleagues, friends, associates and the people of Ghana for the disappointment my indiscretion has caused them. This is by no means an admission of wrong doing for issues on the video”, Mr. Nyantakyi said in a statement sent to the GFA General Secretary on Friday.

The GFA will soon announce further developments on this situation.

Below is the statement sent by Mr. Kwesi Nyantakyi:

By: livefmghana.com/Ghana/91.9FM/

Live Streaming

RELATED