Ghanaian Rapper M.anifest is the only Ghanaian artiste to make the final list for this year’s edition of Midem Artist Accelerator.
The Midem Artist Accelerator is an exclusive programme for artists and their team.
It is designed to support managers, agents, labels and publishers as they look to grow their artists’ profiles globally, an an opportunity to promote 11 upcoming international talents selected by an Artistic Committee.
The Midem Artist Accelerator 360 programme features a range of curated networking opportunities, as well as learning and coaching sessions with leaders of the international music industry.
The 11 finalists will have the opportunity to play a live set at Midem and have their song featured on Midem’s communications, as well as on the official Midem 2017 vinyl compilation.
- Acid Arab (France) | Electronic Arab
- Adian Coker (United Kingdom) | R’n’B/Hip-Hop/Urban
- Be Charlotte (United Kingdom) | Pop
- Geoffroy (Canada) | Electronic Pop
- Iris Gold (Denmark) | R’n’B/Hip-Hop/Urban
- Kiddy Smile (France) | Electronic Dance Music
- M.anifest (Ghana) | R’n’B/Hip-Hop/Urban
- Prateek Kuhad (India) | Pop
- Shakka (United Kingdom) | R’n’B/Hip-Hop/Urban
- Rendez-Vous (France) | Rock/Alternative
- XXX (South Korea) | R’n’B/Hip-Hop/Urban
M.anifest (born Kwame Ametepee Tsikata, 20 November 1982) is an award-winning Ghanaian rapper, singer and songwriter. He was crowned the King of Ghana Hip-Hop in 2017 when he won Best Rapper and Hip-Hop song of the year at the Ghana Music Awards.
He has worked with the likes of Damon Albarn, Flea, Tony Allen, Erykah Badu, and is featured on five songs on the Rocket Juice and The Moon album.
He is the grandson of one of Africa’s foremost ethnomusicogist and composers J.H. Kwabena Nketia.